- Acer Chromebook R11 Review : half-laptop, half-tabletIl y a 8 months
- Beats Pill+ Review : a very convincing Bluetooth pillIl y a 8 months
- Dell Chromebook 13 Review : simply the best ?Il y a 8 months
Rolls Royce Vision Next 100, a look at the future
The BMW Group just unveiled Rolls-Royce Vision Next 100, the first purely visionary vehicle of the luxury brand.
Rolls-Royce Vision Next 100 unveiled
As you may have noticed already, in 2016, the BMW Group is celebrating its centenary under the motto “THE NEXT 100 YEARS”. Future orientation and adaptability have always defined the BMW Group’s identity as a company. Ever since it was founded in 1916, the BMW Group has played an important role in shaping the future of mobility. The german manufacturer already unveiled a BMW Next 100 Concept, but it is now time to discover the Rolls Royce vision of the future.
Founded in 1904, Rolls-Royces’s products rose to pre-eminence around the world in a matter of years – in keeping with Sir Henry Royce’s motto: “Strive for perfection in everything you do. Take the best that exists and make it better. When it doesn’t exist, design it.” Keeping this in mind, this Rolls-Royce Next 100 Vision aims to be the ultimate expression of the future of super-luxury mobility, an enlightening vision of the fascinating possibilities of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars in the future. It is also the first purely visionary vehicle in the 112-year history of the brand.
This Rolls-Royce Vision Next 100 incorporates just some of the design options that will be possible in the future. It focuses on the following key aspects of a new dimension of automotive luxury:
- The “Personal Vision”: One of a limitless number of possible personal visions of a Rolls-Royce of the future
- The “Grand Sanctuary”: The vehicle interior as a private retreat
- The “Effortless Journey”: Guided by “Eleanor”, the passenger’s virtual assistant.
- The “Grand Arrival”: Stepping out at your destination in ultimate elegance.
In creating the interior, the designers opted for a clear-cut hierarchy of lines, as well as sustainable, authentic materials and subtle lighting. According to its creators “a panorama window of generous proportions provides outstanding visibility.” In case of rain emergency, two umbrellas integrated into the doors are available to protect passengers from the elements. For Giles Taylor, Design Director Rolls-Royce Motor Cars: “With the Rolls-Royce Vision Next 100, we were very mindful not to dwell on the past. We wanted to be as innovative as possible and at the same time transcend the design history of the marque.”